Have you taken part in the debate about wearing a mask? You should check out…
Day One of a statewide Stay at Home order and I find myself staring at the calendar and asking myself… when will things get back to normal? Or is this the new normal?
The stress of not being able to see what’s attacking you or the thought of not being able to leave the house has caused people to react differently. Who would have thought that toilet paper would be hoarded to the point where it could be used as currency
On the flip side I was talking to an associate in NYC and he was using his lunch break to grocery shop for elderly residents in his building, wow! Or, when I see people supporting local businesses by shopping online or ordering takeout, vs ordering from Amazon….I hope this is the new norm!
Below are a few things you can do while spending quality time with your family or roommates. I’m particularly fond of the first one… my wife already organized our Tupperware drawer and of course love the last one, enjoy and be well
- Text all your exes just in case you have one more thing you wanted to get off your chest.
- Look at pictures of puppies.
- Write actual letters to family and friends. After that? Write thank-you notes to service people who you remember went out of their way for you.
- Put on a soap opera. Mute the sound. Create your own dialogue.
- Have a space in your home where all of the Tupperware goes? Organize it and actually match lids to containers.
- Have a roommate meeting about how to be more considerate of one other, especially while you will likely be spending more time together. Bring baked good
- Buy gift cards from your favorite local businesses to help keep them in business while we quarantine. (see: If Not You…Then Who?)